As we reflect on 2016, recent world events remind us of the importance of cultivating compassion and cross-cultural understanding, which is at the heart of our mission at Pacific Arts Movement. This year alone, we served more than 25,000 youth, students, adults, seniors, and artists through our mission-based work, including our recent San Diego Asian Film Festival.
This holiday season, we hope you would consider supporting our Movement one of two ways:
- Make a tax-deductible gift of cash or stocks by December 31
- Renew or Become a Member
You can donate or sign up for membership online at www.PacArts.org or call us at 619-400-5912 to process over the phone.
Your support will help us transform hearts and minds through the power of world cinema, and it supports a more compassionate society. Here are some highlights of our impact this year:
- A dynamic Spring Showcase in April with China Now: Independent Visions, a celebration of the daring spirit and creative innovation of independent filmmakers and festival organizers in mainland China
- Our biggest Reel Voices Summer class yet with 13 students, and the world premiere of all 13 documentaries at the San Diego Asian Film Festival. As well as the continuation of Reel Voices at Monarch School – producing 6 new youth documentaries
- A wonderful partnership with the Mingei International Museum to create the Mingei of Japan film exhibition, featuring Japanese arts of daily life
- Our third Taiwan Cinema Spotlight, which presented four unique films that highlighted the pivotal role that LGBT themes have played in the development of recent Taiwanese cinema
- The third annual Festival Kick-Off event, Chew the Scene, held at a new and swanky location, The Brick in Liberty Station
- Presented 140+ films from 15+ countries at the 17th Annual San Diego Asian Film Festival, with more than 100 filmmakers and artists in attendance including the legendary Wayne Wang (Lifetime Achievement Award recipient and director of Eat a Bowl of Tea)
We would not be able to do this work without your generous support. We honor each volunteer, member, donor, sponsor, attendee, and intern who contributed to our mission this year. Thank you and Happy Holidays!