The Membership and Engagement Associate is a part-time, non-exempt position responsible for administering the membership program, assisting in meeting set membership goals, managing the membership database, supporting all membership events and communications, and providing customer service to Pac Arts’ members and guests. The Membership & Engagement Associate will report to the Development & Engagement Director.
About Pacific Arts Movement
Pacific Arts Movement (Pac Arts) is a nonprofit media arts organization that started in 2000 as the San Diego Asian Film Festival, and has grown to become one of the nation’s largest media arts organizations dedicated to enriching the community through stories of Asia and its diaspora.
Our mission is to inspire, entertain, and support a more compassionate society through the Pan Asian media arts. Pac Arts aims to serve the broadest audience possible to transform lives, expand people’s view of the world, and strengthen San Diego’s love of film and film culture. With a budget approaching $1 million, the organization is sustained by a passionate, creative team of six full-time staff.
Supported by contractual and seasonal staff, interns and volunteers, and an engaged Board of Directors, Pac Arts produces two major film exhibitions each year and a successful youth documentary training program called Reel Voices. The annual 10-day San Diego Asian Film Festival is entering its 18th season and presents a diverse selection of high-quality films from around the world, complemented by meaningful discussions with filmmakers and artists. Pac Arts serves more than 20,000 people each year through its programs.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills with ability to work with all levels of management and staff
- Strong computer skills. Experience with Microsoft Excel a plus
- Positive attitude and ability to be adaptable
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and handle pressure of deadlines
- Creativity a plus
- Assist Development and Engagement Director in achieving annual membership goals, strategies and campaigns to cultivate and engage lapsed, current and potential members
- Coordinate all communications to members and prospective members
- Ability to successfully promote and solicit Pac Arts membership and passes
- Oversee member data entry and output in Salesforce as well as payment transactions
- Assist with planning and execution of member events
- Other duties as assigned by Development & Engagement Director
Estimated 24 hours a week, paid commensurate upon experience.
Interested candidates are invited to email cover letter and resume (in one document) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Recommendations to other qualified individuals are also welcomed.