Pacific Arts Movement (Pac Arts) is one of the largest media arts organizations in North America that focuses on Asian American and Asian international cinema.
- PACIFIC acknowledges our proud roots in San Diego and the transnational cultures that intersect as part of the Pacific Rim and beyond.
- While the focus of our ARTS is film, we treasure the many forms of storytelling that express boundless voices.
- We are part of a MOVEMENT for positive social change by transforming hearts and minds, inspiring innovators, and making visible new stories and traditions.
Pacific Arts Movement presents Pan Asian media arts to San Diego residents and visitors in order to inspire, entertain, and support a more compassionate society.
We fulfill our mission by:
- Presenting unique, culturally-enriching programs that would otherwise be inaccessible to the public
- Engaging the public in meaningful discourse that promotes positive social change through our programs
- Promoting artistic excellence, innovation and the independent voice
- Strengthening San Diego as an arts destination
The following core values help shape our organizational culture and guide our work at Pac Arts:
- Innovation & Creativity
- Exceeding Expectations
- Social & Artistic Leadership
- Commitment to Inclusion & Diversity
We also value our strong ties with area schools, providing educational opportunities to enhance students’ learning in film analysis and production, ethnic studies, language, humanities, political science, history, religion, marketing, and social advocacy. Pac Arts works with the University of San Diego, San Diego State University, UC San Diego, Cal State San Marcos, San Diego City College, Southwestern College, Miramar College, High Tech High School, Kearny High School, and Crawford High School, among many others.
We also work with dozens of community, business, and school groups who partner with us on various programs throughout the year.